Thursday, December 18, 2008

the girl who made my chocolate chai was giving me the eye

When a person says they were given "the eye" what exactly does that mean? Let's explore.

There are many eyes one can be given. The evil eye. Bedroom eyes. Pink eye. It goes on and on, depending on the cultural customs of your region.

The evil eye, as it's name implies, is a bad, bad thing to get from someone. Bedroom eyes can also be a bad, bad thing. It all hinges on the giver of the eye and the status of the receiver. I, for one, am fond of receiving bedroom eyes, provided my wife is the giver. The chocolate chai girl, however, had no business trying to get into my business. She looked kinda like this guy I know and if he made bedroom eyes at me I don't think I could handle it. He's a pretty big guy and if he were so inclined I don't know if "No" would, in fact, mean "No."

I'm done. I just kinda wanted to brag that the girl in the coffee shop wanted my venti biscotti. To be honest, I'm really more of an espresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment