Saturday, December 13, 2008

The fan has hit the fan.

Running a daycare is really hard. It wears on you psychologically more than physically. We watch 12 kids from 6:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. When the weekend comes all you want to do is relax and have a little peace and quite and not have to take care of anyone for a while. But that's really the trick, isn't it? I mean, I love my kids more than life itself, but it seems like we never get a break from each other (I'm not so disillusioned that I can ignore the fact that I can be a tremendous pain in the butt sometimes). Two days a week Jack goes to preschool, but the rest of the time he's with his parents and I think it's starting to drive him nuts.

And how would you like to spend your weekends relaxing at work? It's getting harder and harder to separate House from Daycare. There are too many stains on our carpet for us to forget what we do during the week.

I'm not complaining. Don't think that. I'm just pointing out that right now I feel like hiding out in a cabin in the mountains where I can spend the next six months hibernating.

No comments:

Post a Comment