Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bob, finally

A couple days ago I mentioned my friend Bob. He's one of the most interesting people I've ever met and I have had the honor of living with him, not once, but twice. I will now share some stories about Bob.

Bob used to be super-duper stubborn and angry. If things weren't going his way he would stop talking to everyone and one time he decided he would rather walk two and a half miles than ride in a car with a girl he liked who talked to someone else more than she talked to him. Complicated, I know, but I decided that he needed to talk about it to someone and that that someone should be me. So, we set out for my mom's house, where we both lived. It was about 11 o'clock at night and warmish. I lived in a teeny tiny town in the Amish community of Northeast Indiana. Between the house we were leaving and the house where we were living was not a lot. Some livestock stationed in dark fields. Some very dark buildings which seemed to lean over the road down which we walked. Lots of imagined creepy things with sharp teeth and a lust for human brains. That sort of thing.

Anyway, about five minutes after leaving in a super mature huff, Bob started in on what was bugging him. I don't remember what it was now and as it was a personal, private conversation that took place about twelve years ago I am not at liberty to share. But he ranted angrily for about ten minutes or so and then calmed down. Then it started to rain. Ha-ha, won't we laugh about it later, we both said. Then it rained harder. And a little harder. And it didn't stop until about two minutes after we stepped through my mom's front door.

We have yet to have the conversation which leads to us laughing about that long, chaffing walk through the haunted Amish countryside in the warm summer rain.

I will tell more Bob stories later.

No comments:

Post a Comment