Thursday, April 16, 2009

I got biz-ay!

I actually did get busy today, not in the sense that I implied in this post's title, but in the traditional sense of getting busy by doing actual work.

Today was such a nice day that I decided to get started, REALLY started on the garage. Sometimes I say I'm going to clean the garage but what really happens is I move piles of mess from one side of the garage to the other, sweep where the piles of mess used to be, then move everything back. I pack the piles in tighter so it appears that I've actually made more room, but nothing legitimate is accomplished. But today I tore it up. I cut up a bunch of cardboard boxes, I moved my table saw, I threw some "old trash" (Betsy's words, not mine) away, I swept, I reorganized some of the kids' stuff, and I got things ready for our upcoming garage sale. There's still a lot left to do, but it looks so good that if I stopped now, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I also mowed.

Then I took a nap in the hammock.

I would go into greater detail on both the mowing and the nap, but I have to pluck a five year-old cretin from the tub. He is apparently drinking the bath water and sticking things in his butt. Somehow, these problems fall under my jurisdiction. I am not flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment