Thursday, May 14, 2009

Free stuff and Latin.

Okay, so kind of a big week... and a half. Busy, anyway. Here's why.

What you see here is a 52-inch HD television that was given to me FOR FREE by my new best friend, Missy, my next-door neighbor. It has been banished to the garage because it has inspired screen-envy in our other televisions which has triggered the release of high-octane, testosterone-charged television programs which Betsy and I feel are wholly inappropriate for our children. Cock o' the block, kind of stuff. You know how men are.
So I have literally spent every free minute of the last four and a half days reorganizing our garage, which, you may remember, was already a mess due to a fairly successful garage sale, to make room for this glorious beast.
On top of the garage work I have been trying to get used to our new Fios service. We have a ton of new channels and a new DVR setup to figure out, so that's sort of fun and irritating.
And, finally, LOST! The season finale was last night and it was... pretty good. I don't feel as emotionally invested in this season as I have been in other seasons. It seems like they took all this time pushing the rock to the top of the hill and now the rock is rolling down the other side of the hill bouncing and crashing and smashing the whole forest down. There seems to be a great lack of detail. Anyway, it's the best show ever and they could do the final season with Ewoks and it would still be great.
And, being a total Lost nerd, I went to the trouble of finding out "what lies in the shadow of the statue." If you watch the show you'll know that Richard answered this question for us, but he had to be a pretentious douche and he answered it in Latin. So, I Googled it and it seems that some other pretentious douches translated it for us. He said, roughly, "He who will save us all." So... there you go.

2 comments: