Sunday, January 18, 2009

A new post, even though the old ones are still pretty good.

One of my hobbies, or habits, depending on your point of view, is a board game called Settlers of Catan. It very complicated. If you've ever played it you don't need me to explain it and if you've never played it you probably don't care, so I won't bother with anything like details. Anyway, this game seems to be addictive or maybe it possess you with the devil or I don't know what but it seems like everyone who plays this game becomes a wee bit obsessed with it.

The problem isn't that I can't give up the game. The problem is that I recently went through a dry spell with the doing well and the winning and this and that and I don't really want to get into it, but I lost fifteen games in a row. FIFTEEN! And no one I know is all that good at Catan. They're all praying each night that they can have a tenth of the insight I have. So, by some stroke of ill luck these mediocre dice throwers are pulling out these massive kills and there I sit staring down the barrel of my four meager points. WHAT?

All bitterness aside, game number sixteen put me back on top.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why I bothered starting a blog if this is the crap I'm gonna write about.

1 comment:

  1. Ok.. you are right, it is addictive.. I do really like playing. Neil's birthday is in a few weeks and I got it for him.. so now we are gonna start playing every night and practicing so you better watch out!! Chris

    ReplyDelete